Rafael M. Fernandez-Soltero, MD, MBA
- Orthopedic surgery
- Adult reconstructive total joint surgery
- Hip replacement and knee replacement surgery
- Hip pain and knee pain
- Hip and knee joint revision surgery
- Avascular necrosis of hip or knee
- Infected knee or infected hip replacement
- Hip joint arthritis and knee joint arthritis
- Meniscus tears
- Knee arthroscopy
- Virtual visits
I became a health care provider to be able to serve patients and improve their health. The best part of my work is being able to provide long-term solutions to improve the quality of life for each patient. My practice philosophy is to provide the highest value adult orthopedic reconstructive care with the best patient experience. I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Favorite health tip: Keep moving!
Most people don’t know that: I love to host friends to play music, sing or share their artistic talent.
I am passionate about: watching and discussing movies and books with friends and family.
Something I have learned from my patients is: Love, faith, hope and fortitude of the human spirit.
The best thing I have done for my health is: striving for harmony in my daily life activities.
My personal health challenge is: maintaining a regular exercise schedule.
- Orthopedic surgery
- Marquette University College of Engineering, BS
- University of Tennessee, MBA
- University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, MD
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery
Years of experience
Additional languages spoken
- District One Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)