Keith H. Carlson, MD
- Laser vision correction procedures
- LASIK, LASEK
- Photorefractive Keratectomy
- Custom Wavefront laser vision correction
- Small incision cataract surgery (multi-focal
- Premium multifocal intraocular implants
- Aesthetic skin therapy
- BOTOX and dermal fillers
- Upper and lower lid surgery
I am a board-certified physician specializing in ophthalmology with a masters of medical management.
Hometown: Grand Forks, ND
Best part of my work: Taking people from a place of fear and concern about their vision and upcoming surgery to a new place of joy and relief with their improved vision post-operation.
Why I became an ophthalmologist: To make a difference in people's lives and to impact their health in a positive and healing way.
Personal interests: Active in South Suburban Evangelical Free Church in Apple Valley with numerous activities that impact the south metro area.
What I tell my friends and family: Wear safety glasses whenever working in an area or on a project where something could fly off and strike your eye.
What patients say about me: I take time to listen to their concerns and present their options and am available for further discussion after the visit.
Favorite health tip: Every person should have an eye exam. Wear protective glasses when working in an area where something could strike your eyes.
Practice philosophy: To improve vision and facilitate healing.
Listed in "Best Doctors in America" and "Top Docs" by Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine.
Awards and recognitions
- Church activities
- Tulane University
- University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- American College of Physician Executives
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Delta Omega Honor Society
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
Current licenses and certifications
- North Dakota
- Hennepin County Medical Center
- Mayo Clinic
- University Of Minnesota
Years of experience
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- Phillips Eye Institute - a campus of Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)