Paresh Ghodge, MD
- Sports medicine
- Fracture management
- Non-surgical orthopedics
- Joint injections
- Arthritis management
- Sports injuries
- Concussion management
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Injury prevention
I am a board-certified sports medicine physician with professional interests in non-surgical orthopedics, fracture management, joint injections, sports-related concussions and arthritis management.
Hometown: Goa, India
I became a physician because: I realized during my family medicine residency that I wanted to pursue sports medicine. That way, I could help people prevent and treat injuries as well as enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle.
I am passionate about: using technology to make health care less expensive and more accessible.
One of the challenges of this career that I enjoy is: helping people to adopt healthy lifestyles and not always settling for a quick fix.
One of the best things I have done for my health is: meditate. Mental well-being is as important as physical health.
If I wasn't a physician, I would be a: food critic because I love to travel and love to eat all types of food!
- Board-certified specialties
- Sports medicine
- Cross-country skiing
- Educational institutions
- Goa Medical College and Hospital Bambolim-Goa, India
- Parvatibai Chowgule College of Arts and Science, Margao-Goa, India
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship Geisinger Health System, Danville and Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Years of experience
- Additional languages spoken
- Hospital affiliations
- Abbott Northwestern – WestHealth
- Mercy Hospital