Sheetal Patel, MD
- Sleep medicine
A referral may be needed for this provider.
I am a board certified sleep medicine specialist and a board certified neurologist who has been in practice in both academic hospital and in private practice. I utilize my unique skill set to help better the care of patients which includes knowledge in general neurology, vascular neurology, sleep medicine, clinical neurophysiology, neuromuscular disease, and medical education. I have decided to focus my neurology practice to stroke medicine and thus I am working as a vascular neurologist at Allina Health United Hospital. I plan to help improve the quality of stroke medicine care to our patients by incorporating my sleep medicine background into the field using advancements in care with sleep medicine focus.
I am triple boarded with board certifications in Sleep Medicine, Neurology, and Clinical Neurophysiology. I enjoy providing acute stroke and vascular neurology services to United Hospital and to hospitals in underserved rural areas of Minnesota and surrounding areas via telemedicine. It is a privilege for me to be able to serve and help patients, especially in areas where there is a physician shortage.
2017 Mpls.St.Paul Magazine Top Doctor Rising Star
- Sleep medicine
- Family activities
- Southern Illinois University School of Medicine
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Heart/Stroke Association
Current licenses and certifications
- Board certified in Clinical Neurophysiology
- Board certified in Neurology
- Board certified in Sleep Medicine
- Preliminary Internal Medicine Residency
- University of Minnesota
- Sleep Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center Minnesota Regional Sleep Disorders Center
- Clinical Neurophysiology at University of Minnesota Medical Center
- United Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)