Sheetal Patel, MD
- Sleep medicine
A referral may be needed for this provider.
I am a board certified sleep medicine specialist and a board certified neurologist who has been in practice in both academic hospital and in private practice. I utilize my unique skill set to help better the care of patients which includes knowledge in general neurology, vascular neurology, sleep medicine, clinical neurophysiology, neuromuscular disease, and medical education. I have decided to focus my neurology practice to stroke medicine and thus I am working as a vascular neurologist at Allina Health United Hospital. I plan to help improve the quality of stroke medicine care to our patients by incorporating my sleep medicine background into the field using advancements in care with sleep medicine focus.
I am triple boarded with board certifications in Sleep Medicine, Neurology, and Clinical Neurophysiology. I enjoy providing acute stroke and vascular neurology services to United Hospital and to hospitals in underserved rural areas of Minnesota and surrounding areas via telemedicine. It is a privilege for me to be able to serve and help patients, especially in areas where there is a physician shortage.
2017 Mpls.St.Paul Magazine Top Doctor Rising Star
- Sleep medicine
- Family activities
- Southern Illinois University School of Medicine
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Heart/Stroke Association
Current licenses and certifications
- Board certified in Clinical Neurophysiology
- Board certified in Neurology
- Board certified in Sleep Medicine
- Preliminary Internal Medicine Residency
- University of Minnesota
- Sleep Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center Minnesota Regional Sleep Disorders Center
- Clinical Neurophysiology at University of Minnesota Medical Center
- United Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.