James A. Hunter, MD
- Eye diseases
- Laser eye surgery
- Macular degeneration
- Cataract Extraction
I am a board-certified ophthalmologist. My professional interests include diabetes, cataract surgery, glaucoma, laser treatment and macular degeneration.
Personal interests: Biking, golf, photography.
Practice philosophy: My primary objective is to provide the highest quality care to my patients while maintaining a relaxed "tender loving care" atmosphere, both in the clinic and the operating room. To that end, I will strive to make sure that all of my patients feel cared for as individuals and not just disease entities.
- University of Minnesota Medical School
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology
- Minnesota Medial Association
- Twin Cities Medical Society
Current licenses and certifications
- Board-Certified, Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
- Hennepin County Medical Center
- University of Minnesota
Years of experience
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- Phillips Eye Institute - a campus of Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)