Elaine S. Larson Surgical Center at United Hospital
St. Paul, MN 55102
- Mon—Fri 5 a.m.—9 p.m.
- Sat—Sun Closed
Services at this location are provided by United Hospital.
About this location
Welcome to the Elaine S. Larson Center of United Hospital. Our center provides:
- 15 operating rooms, with operating suites sized to at least 600 square feet
- Ceiling mounted booms for equipment to eliminate floor cabling and reduce the need for equipment carts or towers
- Integrated technology that makes it easier to display data on one flat panel monitor
- Integrated technology platforms, systems and power outlets
- Improved lighting
- Improved storage space to include a centralized location accessible for each of the operating rooms
- Updated post-anesthesia care unit
- Expanded peri-op area
- New lobby and waiting area
While you are here for surgery or other procedures, a highly skilled team of physicians, registered nurses and other qualified medical professionals will care for you. We want your experience at United to be as comfortable as possible.
Family waiting room
The family waiting room is located on the second floor of United Hospital, near the pre-op area. Things to know about the waiting rooms:
- Family members may check in and out with the volunteer, if one is on duty, so they can be located for updates about the patient.
- Phones are available in the waiting rooms. Long distance calls should be placed with calling cards or collect. Cell phones work in most areas of the waiting rooms.
- Coffee and water are available in the waiting rooms, and vending machines are close by. Food and snacks are allowed in the waiting rooms. United has a cafeteria and a sandwich shop on the first floor of the hospital
- Surgical Care Services provides an electronic tracking system that gives family members a screen view of the patient's place in the surgery process.
Family members also have the opportunity to create and use a CaringBridge to notify family and friends of news and information about loved ones who are in the hospital.
Tobacco use is not allowed on United property, including buildings, grounds and parking areas. We want to provide the best quality environment to our patients, employees and visitors.
Child-centered expertise at United
An expert in child development is available to help children when a parent or adult family member is hospitalized at United Hospital. Typical situations include:
- intensive care
- serious or terminal illness
- mothers on bed rest before birth
- long stay for rehabilitation.
For more information, call Colleen Lacey, child life specialist, at 651-241-2358 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.