Mercy Hospital M-Power Health and Fitness Center
Lower level of the Mercy Heart & Vascular Center
Coon Rapids, MN 55433
- Mon—Thu 6 a.m.—6 p.m.
- Fri 6 a.m.—5 p.m.
- Sat—Sun Closed
Monday, May 30, 2022
4th of July
Monday, July 4, 2022
Monday, September 5, 2022
Thursday, November 24, 2022
Sunday, December 25, 2022
New Year's Day
Sunday, January 1, 2023
About this location
CURRENTLY CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC
The Mercy Hospital M-Power Health and Fitness Center offers members the opportunity to exercise in a supervised, comfortable and safe environment.
In addition to your membership fee, our professionally trained staff are available to help you achieve your fitness goals.
M-Power Health & Fitness is an exercise and lifestyle modification program staffed by qualified health professionals. Members will work toward a healthier lifestyle in a safe and supportive environment. Heart rhythm and blood pressure will be checked as needed or upon request. The M-Power program includes an annual review with a therapist.
The program consists of:
- Evaluation: You will receive a one-on-one initial orientation/evaluation session with an exercise specialist. Your specialist will work with you to design a personalized program based on your needs and goals. Staff will communicate with you on a regular basis about your progress and offer suggestions or strategies to help you succeed and keep you motivated.
- Exercise: Programming will be based on your needs and may include exercises to enhance cardiovascular endurance, muscle conditioning, flexibility, balance, posture, or weight management.
- How to Enroll: To enroll in the M-Power Health & Fitness program, you may need the approval of your physician. To schedule your first appointment or for more information, call 763-236-8024.
- Exercise studio
- Walking track
- Matrix strength training machines and free weights
- Recumbent equipment (bikes, elliptical trainers and steppers)
- Arm ergometers
- Rowing machines
- Emergency equipment
- Locker rooms, showers and towel service
Open to adult community members and Allina Health employees and volunteers.
Initial evaluation fees
- $60 for new members
- $30 for members recently transferring from outpatient cardiac rehabilitation, physical therapy, or Lung Power
Ongoing membership fees
- $25 per month with an automatic monthly payment from your checking account or credit card.
- $5 monthly discount for each additional family membership.
- Initial evaluation fees are due at the time of your first visit by cash, credit card or check. M-Power fees are not covered by insurance; however; some insurance companies offer partial reimbursement of membership fees. Check with your insurance provider to ask about reimbursement for M-Power Health and Fitness.
General Health and Heart Health Classes
The following classes are free to members and offered on an ongoing basis. Everyone is welcome! Open to community members, M-Power members and Allina Health employees. Call 763-236-8024 for dates and times.
- Benefits of Exercise
- Heart Healthy Nutrition
- Heart and Heart Disease
- Helping Your Heart Heal
- Low Sodium Strategies
- Medication Overview
- Risk Factors for Heart Disease
- Weight Management
- Stress Management
- Strength Training
Two different Yoga classes are offered: "Yoga" and "Gentle Yoga". Participants must be able to get up and down from the ground to participate. Please bring your own mat. Call 763-236-8024 for session dates and pricing.