Therapeutic yoga uses breathing techniques, gentle movement and meditation to relax the body as well as increase strength and flexibility.
Therapeutic Yoga Benefits
Yoga helps maintain health and can support the healing process in several ways. A regular yoga practice can:
- ease muscle tension
- improve circulation
- increase energy
- improve concentration and memory
- increase flexibility and balance
- tone and strengthen the body
- support proper working of all body systems, including digestive, cardiovascular, nervous and respiratory
- ease pain
- relax your body and mind.
Who May Benefit From Therapeutic Yoga
Anyone can benefit from yoga. It can complement traditional medical treatment for a variety of conditions, such as:
- long-term pain
- neurological disorders such as multiple sclerosis
- low back pain
- reduced range of motion
Therapeutic Yoga Sessions
One-to-one yoga sessions provide individual attention and instruction. Breath-work, movement exercises and meditation are taught according to your needs.
A plan is designed to let you use the techniques you learned as an ongoing self care practice.
Therapeutic Yoga Practitioners
Therapeutic yoga is given by certified yoga therapists. They are also registered yoga teachers with many years of experience.
For more information, talk with your nurse or doctor.