Cambridge Medical Center Joint Replacement Class
Many people find it helpful to learn as much as they can about joint replacement before they have surgery. Cambridge Medical Center’s orthopedic surgery staff has designed a class to do just that. We’ll help you learn how to get ready for surgery and how to prepare for a successful recovery afterwards. The class is taught by an experienced orthopedic nurse who works closely with our orthopedic surgeons.
• Gait training with assistive devices
• Hospital discharge planning
• Hospital stay and equipment
• Making your home environment safe
• Pain management
• Potential post-operative complications
• Pre- and post-surgery exercises
• Pre-operative information gathering
• Preparing to do daily living activities (bathing, dressing, etc.)
• Transfer techniques
• Understanding your joints
Please bring your Total Joint Replacement book to class with you (you should have received a copy of this book during your clinic appointment).