Mindful Moms: Complementary Approaches to Managing Anxiety during Pregnancy
Anxiety in pregnancy can impair sleep, relationships and quality of life. We offer a holistic approach to managing anxiety during pregnancy through a shared medical visit. We will focus on psychological, emotional and physiological well-being.
Shared medical visits include holistic group and individual approaches to decreasing anxiety and promoting wellness:
- Weekly individual check-ins with a perinatal psychiatric provider
- Group approaches:
- weekly yoga practice (all skill levels)
- mindfulness practice and meditation
- reproductive psychiatry
- gain support from peers who also experience anxiety
- learn skills to manage anxiety from holistic practitioners
- receive brief individual evaluations with a perinatal psychiatric provider
Participants may be required to complete an intake prior to starting the group. Call Tara at 612-863-2273 to inquire about the group or register.
For information and to register
Since this program includes a medical evaluation and group therapy component, your insurance will be billed for both an office visit and group therapy visit each day you participate. Co-pays or coinsurance may apply, depending on your specific health plan. Two co-pays may be required since your insurance is being billed for two services. Please contact your insurance provider for confirmation of coverage.